sábado, outubro 08, 2011

Girl Walks Into a Bar

IMDb

I hear the words coming out of my mouth and I wanna cry. But I can't remember the last time I cried. I make eye contact and not when I'm supposed to, spewing out platitudes plausible enough to ward off any argument. What I really want to say to her is: "Did I mention you set my heart a flutter and make me feel all funny inside?" Heaven forbid I go through with it. I'm the kind of guy who always bets on the wrong horse: me. Samuel Salazar, at your service. They say women forget the physical pain of childbirth right after the baby is born. That's how come they can start all over again and have another child. I guess I'm not like a woman at all because I have a crystal clear memory of every heartbreak I've suffered from the age of nine. I was only conversational then. Still, I can't help but wonder if this could be a true happy ending... or one more false hope. It's like a traffic accident. I know I shouldn't look but I can't turn away. Because in my heart of hearts - whatever that is -, I know the answer does not lie within words, but within her eyes. The world is made up of a billion little mysteries but it's not words that explain them. Of this I'm sure.

Este discurso, Josh Hartnett apenas o pensa. Acaba por dar um mais pesado que, na minha opinião, não só nunca funcionaria, como ainda acabaria com toda e qualquer possibilidade. Eu sei porque também já o dei. O que é certo é que para Hartnett funciona, e Rosario Dawson lança-se a ele, boca semi-aberta e língua a espreitar, a malandra, pronta para a guerra.

É disto que Gutierrez, o realizador, é capaz. Estas frases. Estes discursos. O homem vai coleccionando novos cromos, a juntar à belíssima colecção que já tem. E o mais incrível é que foi ele que escreveu o Snakes on a Plane.

Sem comentários: